Friday, February 18, 2011

Let's talk about..

Controlling my tongue.

Yes, me.

In particular.

Psalm 34.13 - Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile..

Is it so hard? Yes. Mostly. I mean, mostly for me.. many of my sweet Christian girlfriends- I cannot even imagine guile from their mouths.

But me?

Guile-full.

Word? Judges?

OK- so I made that one up- but you know what I mean. But, can I be honest? It is not a tongue problem so much for me as it is a pride problem.

I feel like if someone is attacking me, that I have to attack back! If someone has aught against me- I need some aught back.

That is SO NOT CHRISTIAN, lp!

So that is my new prayer!

Lord- you wonderful heavenly Father. You are gracious and holy- and I am unworthy and nothing without you. I cannot even begin to fathom the works you have for me. Please minimize me and my sin and tendencies and maximize you in my life. Make you increase, that I may decrease- take my pride, Lord! I have nothing to be proud of other than what YOU have done in ME, and I cannot even claim any credit in that. It is all what you have done- and I have been blessed enough to be in your plan- in your almighty awareness. And get me out of the way of that- because all I do is ruin it. In your Son's name- and thank you for that- Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I know this so well, lp! I often feel like I should wash out my own mouth with soap...however I have found that sometimes the best way to "aught back" is to be silent and let the one that "aught" you be tAUGHT instead by the Holy Spirit! His AUGHT carries much more weight and is our best defender! Silence is golden!

    ReplyDelete