Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little something you may NOT know about me that MAY cause you to giggle.

Ok-So seriously. I cook dinner every night. Well, most nights. Ok- nearly every night except Wednesdays. And Thursdays. And some Tuesdays.

But I do cook and do a pretty mediocre job of it. My brother thinks I am a good cook, but he still lives with my Mom- and his girlfriend is an EXCELLENT cook- and .. I digress. Some people say I am a great cook. Others, eh.

But I do misunderstand a few things about cooking. My husband and I were invited to a work party- when Dr. Stansbury was my boss. Everyone was making party things- I was asked to make a cheese dip.. (of some sort- I cannot remember) I know it called for Velveeta and at the time I thought that was just a name brand cheese. Kinda like Kraft. Or Laughing cow.. not the case. Needless to say- my dip was THICK and not too great. You could lump it on a chip, but not dip it at all.

I did it again over the 4th of July. Said brother's girlfriend has a great and easy recipe for Apple Pie. And I am such a bad listener. I did not remember what she said she used to the criss cross top so I used Fillo dough. Oops. The topping was "sheet-like" and crunch. Like a cracker. Not great.

Sigh.

Tag this one as "does not follow directions" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment